Government Lead Initiatives:
- Japanese government adopted 6th Strategic Energy Plan aiming at carbon neutrality by the end of 2050 while enhancing energy security. The plan also presents roadmap toward 2030 to achieve 46% carbon emission reduction against 2013.
- One of primal action plans for the 2030 carbon reduction is promoting renewable energy installation, looking at 22~23% of total power consumptions (864TWh) in 2030.
- Japanese government actively promote subsidies for on-site solar and off-site solar physical PPAs
- Japanese solar market size became around 6.5GWp in 2021. About 3GWp was for non-FIT self consumption use, and about 10% of the self-consumption use was implemented with B2B PPA scheme.
- Current power price hike allows a power user to realize cutting cost and carbon simultaneously even without subsidies.